Homemade Applesauce



I just finished making Homemade Applesauce.
I have tried several recipes over the years, but this
one that is baked in the oven is my favorite (Arville's too).

I thought I should get this done because this weekend
Habibe and I are making Ajvar.
For those of you who have not had it before - it is absolutely
delicious.  It is roasted peppers (outside over an open fire) and
then it is canned for use all winter. 
Well, that is if it lasts that long.

Here is my Applesauce recipe and maybe
I can share the recipe for Ajvar next week.

Homemade Applesauce

(I quadrupled this recipe)
It made enough for 6 medium jars of applesauce.

2 large apples, peeled and sliced
3 T brown sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

I placed the apples in a large baking dish and sprinkled the mixture of sugar, spices, and vanilla over the top. 
I then stirred the mixture into the apples and covered the baking dish.
Baked at 350 F.  for about 45 minutes.

I uncovered and mashed the apple mixture with a fork - if you have a food processer then that would be a quick way to do this part.

I didn't get it all canned before Arville was in the kitchen for a bowl of it.
He added just a little butter on top and ate it standing in the kitchen!!



 

Comments

Popular Posts